Sunday, November 2, 2008

Thanks for joining us!

Hey everybody, thanks for changing your clocks to AZ time today (I am speaking to those in Utah mostly) Glad you could join us in our timezone. Also, a shout out to California and Oregon as they leave us and move foreward an hour (I don't think anyone in Washington reads my blog so its not included in the S.O.) May I just say it is nice to live in a state that is brave enough to just stay the same time all the time, so reliable these Arizonians.

Here is a fun fun fact: Daylight Saving Time was instituted in the United States during World War I in order to save energy for war production by taking advantage of the later hours of daylight between April and October. In 1966, Congress passed the Uniform Time Act which standardized the length of Daylight Saving Time.

1 comment:

kt said...

Hey San,

Thanks for clearing all of this up for me. I was actually thinking about it yesterday, wondering if we were now on the same time as AZ or not. So now I know we're not.
By-the-way, your proposal pictures bring back memories. Gotta love Provo, the west side.