Thursday, May 3, 2012

This morning I was feeling really lousy so Quinn got the boys up and Jack off to school.  It was quite the drama to listen to from my bed.  Quinn rushing people around, the boys complaining about this or that, lots of "hurry up"s and "we are late!"s.

An hour or so later I went in the boys bathroom, saw the the toilet needed to be flushed (regular occurance) and flushed.  Just as things started going down I saw a large bouncy ball amongst the sewage.  Being the brave woman I am I reached for it but it got away.  "Quinn, you are really gonna love this.  I just flushed a bouncy ball down the boys toilet.  I even tried to grab it but no luck.  Apparently the boys put it in there with out us knowing."
"Oh, shoot." forehead slap, "I should have mumble, mumble."
"What?  are you saying you KNEW the bouncy ball was in the toilet and left it there?"
Apparently he had.  He was in a big rush you know.  Thought he would do it when he got back, of course.  Not my course of action but...well..end of story.
Right?

No.

9 hours later.  Boys are getting ready for bed, toilet won't flush properly.  Explain that the bouncy ball went down.  Commence weeping and wailing over the loss of the bouncy ball that prior to this morning no one had played with in a year or so.  "Yes, yes, it is very sad...lets get you into bed where you can have a good cry over it"  If you are a parent you know just about anything can spark crying when it is bed time.

Chase's prayer: (between sobs)  "Please bless my bouncy ball that it can get saved and come back."
I tell Chase how good it is that he is praying about something that is bothering him.
"Will Heavenly Father save my bouncy ball?" he asked hopefully.
"No, there is really no way that He will save it but you can pray that you will feel better about it and He will help you to not feel so sad."
"He can save it mom." sniff, sniff. Quivering voice:  "The bouncy ball will come out of the pipes to the fish and they can bring it up and they can bounce it all the way back into the toy room."

Chase in the toy room attempting to put chapstick on Tessa
What an imagination!

1 comment:

Tracy Anderson said...

ha ha...that was a great story! It really made me laugh. And I love that Tessa is opening her mouth for the chapstick. What a cutie!