Saturday, May 5, 2012

Inspirational Marathon Super-Mom

My sister Julie has always been an amazing runner but lately she has taken it up another notch.  She placed 3rd in the Top of Utah Marathon (see pic below)  then she reached a huge goal of running a sub 3 hour marathon last fall in the St George Marathon.  

Today Julie WON the Provo City Marathon!   WON!  As in THE first woman over all a 2 hours 59 min.  Not only did she win but she killed the competition, the next woman finisher didn't come in until nearly 18 minutes later.  Only 9 guys beat her.  Oh, I would have loved to see her dash across the finish line with all the speedy men, what a strong woman!
It amazes me to think that my sister ran 26.2 miles at an average of 6 min 51 sec per mile.  I have never run even 1 mile in 7 min (or 8, or probably even 9).  At 39 years old Julie isn't showing any signs of slowing down, what an inspiration.
I love you Julie!!  I miss riding my bike with you while you run.  I really wish I could have been there to cheer you on.  It always gives me chills to see you race by...it is so thrilling!
I miss you!

2 comments:

Tyler & Nikki said...

That is awesome! Julie you rock! Wow what an inspiration!

Tracy Anderson said...

She is amazing. Great post about her!