Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Annoyed



I just found out that the kids Christmas party for Quinn's Squadron is on Sunday afternoon. Lame! They have always had it on Saturday in the past and the 1 year we were able to go (can you believe that Jack has had 3 christmas' and 2 of them Quinn was gone?!?) it was really fun. Crafts for the kids, food for the parents, Santa arrives on a C-130 and gives each kid a real gift. So, I am just annoyed that we can't go. Any thoughts?

Oh, also...the adult party that we can go to since it is on Saturday (Quinn's Birthday!) costs $50 a person! Is it just me or is that insane? I asked Quinn if we all get diamond earings with our meal.




p.s. I havn't posted since we lost our camera, I just hate posting without pics. Luckily Quinn just bought me this for Thanksgiving:

More to come...

6 comments:

DoubleDeej said...

Nice present. I'm sure you will enjoy it.

nora.lakehurst said...

That is annoying. And I am so mad that they do things like that. Our class reunion was going to be 30 bucks a person. I didnt go. So yeah. I feel your pain. NICE camera. I love my canon

Jessica said...

We went to the party last year and it was on Sunday. Luckily we had church in the morning. We figured we would go because how many times in a kid's life do they get to do something like that. But this year we have 11:30 church so we can't go either. Oh well!
What is the 41st doing for their christmas party? The 42nd is doing it at McMahon's and it's only $25. But that's what the 55th did last year and it was boring! That one year about 2 years ago we sat with you guys it was so fun. But of course we are going again this year! Oh well....

Pierce and Stacy said...

$50 is outrageous. Unless you ARE getting diamond earrings. I would just say.. don't go.. to either of them.

Obviously if you go to the party this year on Sunday, they'll expect you to do it every year, and more so. They might be inviting you places every Sunday. That's why I loved growing up in Texas, because you had to choose weather you would be strong. :) And I know you're strong. So, just say no. And if they ask, say you don't do things on Sunday besides church and maybe next year they'll change it to accompany y'all. That happened a lot to me growing up.

The $50 is ridiculous. Go on a date to Wendy's and save $90. :)

And nice camera. Is it a rebel? I couldn't read the picture.

Love you!

Tracy Anderson said...

I'm so excited for your new camera. I loved my first rebel. The second one I bought didn't focus well and I had to return it. It is a know issue with some rebels, so check yours out and make sure you're happy with the autofocus. If it doesn't seem like it's working properly then you can return it and trade it for a new one. I think my problem was probably a rare problem but I wanted to mention it so you would be aware of it while you still have the option to exchange it.

Bummer about the Christmas party. They should be giving you guys gifts at the party, not making you pay to go!

Can't wait to see you at Christmas!

Ali B. said...

Wait?!? You get a thanksgiving present?!? I so need to get married!