Monday, June 15, 2009

Orem Summerfest

I rollerbladed Jack in the stroller over to the parade. The two of us found a comfy little spot on the grass. When the 16 police motorcycles all went sreaming by on their motorcycles to start the parade their sirens were blaring so I covered his ears. From then on he decided to cover his ears at every sound!I told him he didn't have to but he clamped his little hands over his ears for the bands, the ambulances, the dancers etc.
At least he uncovered his ears to pick up lots of candy! He loved it.
Just as we started home the heavy clouds rolled in and we got rained on. The foothills were so green, white capped mountains shrouded in the dark clouds rolling in. Cool crisp air. I love Utah in the summer, I love summerfest. What a great evening with my Jack!

2 comments:

nora.lakehurst said...

How fun! We were going to go but I knew it was going to rain. So we just stayed home and were lazy.

Jamie said...

I was with you last year!! Sad! It is funny to see Jack cover his ears :)