Sunday, January 8, 2012

A 4 year old Chase


Today is our sweet Chase's birthday, 4 years old.
Chase is one amazing kid. He is laugh-out-loud funny, super smart, quick to give love and a fun little shadow who follows me around making my day joyful. He is also our drama king, quick to be offended and stubborn as can be. I never thought I would have a child like him yet I don't know what I would do without him. He is my Chasie Boy and I love him!

The blowing action shot:
All the little Captain Americas at the Captain America Party


We played lots of little games, including a couple of 'catch the bad guys' games.
Everyone was pretty excited when they caught him.

Each boy got his own cake to decorate.


I bought a bunch of fun candy, sprinkles etc. so there could be lots of variety in the decorating.
But they all pretty much turned out the same!
Some of the games got a little crazier than others!



On to the today, the actual Birthday!
This morning the boys were still pretty enamored with the masks
I love this pic of Tessa with the mask watching Chase opening gifts.

Buying only one gun for Chase would have been useless, just lots of fussing about whose turn it is and crying when the turns don't come soon enough. Quinn said his parents did alot of this double-buying when he and his brother (2 years apart) were little. This is the kind of thing I wouldn't have dreamed of doing before I had kids, "They could just take turns!"
Little did I know.
Tessa left her mask on for the better part of an hour. I was so surprised. She was quiet and very attentive to all the festivities. She is so alert and becoming a real part of our daily family life. What a joy!

1 comment:

Lo said...

Happy Birthday, Chase! What a cute Captain America theme party!