Saturday, June 11, 2011

Bed Rest

So, I went to the Dr. on Thurs and I almost didn't come home! My blood pressure was high and they sent me to the hospital for more testing. Thankfully the additional testing showed that things are ok and I don't have full blown pre-eclampsia so I was able to go home. Phew!

On my way out the nurse told me that I am supposed to be on bed rest...my first thought was "Yeah!! I get to lie around all day and not feel guilty about it!"

Turns out that bed rest is more like NOT lying around all day and feeling guilty about it!

I'm not the best bed rester.

In my defense she did say "Modified Bed Rest" Meaning: I can be up for an hour at a time.

Quinn's question: "Did she say how long you have to lie down in between your hour(s) up?"

Guess I could get away with a lot if I started doing back-to -back 'up-hours':)

Wish me luck. I am 37 weeks right now and hoping to make it till the 23rd if possible so I can be induced by the Dr. I like (darn him for leaving out of town today for a week!!)



4 comments:

Becca Bird said...

Oh no. you really don't strike me as the bed rest type, especially with two little boys running around. I hope you make it to the 23 as well. We'll be praying for you!

Tracy Anderson said...

What a bummer. The joy of lying down goes away the minute they tell you to do it full time. I wish you were up here so I could come hang out and help. Did they tell you that it's best to lay on your left side? Supposedly it helps lower your BP.

Jamie said...

haha! Love your definition! I don't think you've ever had to worry about "making it" to a certain date! Good luck! Love you!

Jessica said...

I had high blood pressure right at the end too. Except I was 38 weeks and they rescheduled my already scheduled c-section for later that night when I went in for my appointment in the morning. It kept going up for several weeks after I had him too so I had to go on meds. Not too big a deal though so don't be surprised if you have to do that too! Good luck for 10 more days! Maybe get a good long book to keep you laying down?