Friday, May 27, 2011

All alone...

in a good way.

I am all alone today. Nobody asking me to get them anything, nobody running around making the house messy, nobody begging for treats before dinner because they are "so hungry!" It is kind of amazing.

Quinn took the boys camping for the day/night and I have now enjoyed about 8 hours of quiet and peace. It is kind of awesome.

I cleaned up the house as soon as they left and it has stayed pristinely clean all day. I made homemade bread, napped and watched a few episodes of Greys Anatomy. It is kind of blissful.

Pretty much blissful...for a very short while:) I really do miss those little ones and all their noise and chaos. I am glad I have many many more years of kids running around, messing up the house and making this place feel like home.

I have not spent a night alone since Jack was born! Life sure changes when you have kids. In a way it feels like I'm not really alone, what with this little girl bumping around inside me. What an active little muchkin!

I have been perusing the old pics on Quinn's laptop here and found this little gem:
I am way excited for this little one on the inside to be this age on the outside...six months, chubby and happy. Also, it will be great to get this body back!!!

3 comments:

Tracy Anderson said...

How nice to enjoy a relaxing day like that at the end of your pregnancy. There's nothing like a little peace and quiet to recharge. I'm so excited for you to have your baby!

Becca Bird said...

That sounds SO nice, and I LOVE picture. I'm excited for your little girl.

Unknown said...

I love the swimsuit pic. I so know how you're feeling! I hope the next few weeks go quickly for you. We can't wait to meet the newest Nixon!