Saturday, April 23, 2011

The Air Force was handing these out yesterday:




So, of course we got one. It was kind of the thing to do. All the people who signed up for their chance to get out of the Air Force early (with an extra $50,000) and waited and hoped ...and hoped and waited all had their hopes dashed. Meanwhile, those who already only had less than six months left on their commitment were handed a golden 50K ticket. Does that make any sense? Pay people 50K extra to get out when they were already going to get out? No, it makes no sense, that is why the Air Force did it. Ridiculous.







With the way things are going for us lately:



1. Hoping to get a good assignment and getting Del Rio.



2.Hoping to get out of the AF all together and then not.



We are starting to feel like this:
It sucks.



I have been keeping Elder Wirthlin's talk Come what may and love it in mind.


What would we do without the gospel?

7 comments:

Jamie said...

I'm so sorry (and I totally know how you feel!) My question is this . . . what happens if he just quits?
I know you'll make the best of what you get . . . sorry it isn't what you want though (lets have a pity party together :) )

Becca Bird said...

San, I'm so sorry, I know you really were hoping for it:(I hope things get better and better.

Troy and Rach said...

You are amazing, San. I have always admired you and your attitude with life. I've had Elder Worthlin's talk on my mind also. I also heard a talk by one of Pres. Hinckley's daughter. She talked about looking and learning from our ancestors and all that they did and over came, and they have now passed the baton to us to carry. We can do hard things!

Dawnell said...

That really stinks. I didn't know you guys wanted out of the AF. David tried to get in at one point about 5 years ago, and they weren't really interested in him! I had to google Del Rio. Famous for Wolfman Jack! Texas sounds warm. We are moving to MN next month!! (by choice). I'll have to check out the Elder Wirthlin article. Good luck with everything!

Lindsay said...

I'm soooo sorry for you Sandra. It is a huge disappointment and I agree doesn't make any sense. We will miss you.

Unknown said...

Hey, I found your blog through Christy and Tyler Robertson's blog. I'm so sorry that you guys weren't able to get out when you wanted to so badly. I'm also sad you're leaving Tucson so soon! I'm glad we can keep in touch through the blogging world.

aaronandsharla said...

Well so sorry for your disappointment :)That is no fun. You are still blessed and I still like you :) At least you get to have a baby girl!! :)
some of us might never even get that. :)