Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The Vapor Rub miracle

When we were in Mesa for Christmas my sister-in-law read something on the internet about putting vapor rub on your kids feet to stop a cough. It sounded hokey but when Jack started coughing a lot last night I decided to give it a try. It is a miracle cure! He was hacking away for an hour, I put some on the bottom of his feet, put socks on him and about 2 minutes later he completely stopped coughing! I wish someone had told me this last winter when he spent 6 months coughing every night. Jack would cough so hard he would vomit...his throwing up in sacrament meeting was a particular memorable moment. So, to all you people with cute coughy kids: vapor rub + socks= miracle cure!
p.s. buy the store brand and save a few bucks, I did.

6 comments:

Melissa Coleman said...

San! I am so excited you tried it! Aaron and I are now convinced that it's the best thing for a cough. We decided we are going to try it on us next time one of us is sick.

Pierce and Stacy said...

I've totally done that before. It certainly is a miracle medicine!

Erin said...

This has saved my life so many times (well I guess my kids' lives) and earned us all some extra sleep :)

Kelli said...

That is awesome! Thanks for the tip San :) I'm sure it will come in handy some day!

Dawnell said...

I haven't needed to try it yet, but I have two friends who swear by this! Cute b-day pics. "I am speed." Once when I was very serious with Ethan, telling him to do something AGAIN, he responded, "NO! I want to be FAMOUS." Those were the days of Lighnin' McQueen.

mylittlegems said...

we have been doing this and it is really helping! thanks for the tip!