Saturday, July 24, 2010

The best vacation ever!

Our cruise was better than we could have even imagined! As first time cruisers we weren't sure if there would be things we wouldn't like about it, i.ee sea sickness, the food, the entertainment etc. We were pleasantly surprised. The food was gourmet, the service was impecible (we felt like kings!) and Alaska was amazing!

Smiling down on Seattle from atop the space needle.
Experiencing Pike place market.
It has been on my list of things to see for a long long time.


Formal eveing on the ship. It is fun to get dressed up again, mostly just to see Quinn in his Tux uniform, theres something about a man in uniform. He got lots of comments from people about his uniform. Unfortunately this pic doesn't show his 8 medals... 8 medals!

Me on the zip line, what a view of Alsaka!

Quinn crossing one of the sky bridges.

One of the views from our helicoptor ride.

The glacier we landed on and walked on, awesome!

Can you tell the helicoptor is ON a glacier, how cool!


The most amazing thing to me about the glaciers, next to their size, was how BLUE they are! The water was like none I had ever seen.

Our train ride to the top of White Pass Summit.

Then we got on bikes and biked down from the summit, 3000 feet!

I was pretty proud to get this shot while biking.

A different Glacier, a different mode of transportation, canoes!




I saw alot of this.


The view out our state room window. Mountains, tirquoise water and tiny ice bergs!

Me in the climbing competition.

The mens and womens climbing contest gold medalists, yeah, we rock.
I won't describe our competition, it takes away from the glory.

We got to check this place off of Laura's to-do list.
These gardens are pretty amazing, even their trash cans are perfectly planted and groomed.
The Craigderoch Castle
Now the cruise is over but one thing remains...the pounds we put on eating the amazing food!

7 comments:

Tyler & Nikki said...

San, that looks like an absolute blast. And your pictures are amazing. So glad you had a great time. Hope you are doing well!

Becca Bird said...

I'm SO jealous!!! It looks like you guys had a great time. I've got to get all of the details.

Tracy Anderson said...

Sounds like so much fun! I love the pictures. My favorite part of the post was when you talked about winning the gold medals. I'm so glad you had so much fun. I think this will have to be one of the items on my to do list now.

itsthebaileys said...

How fun! I won't be able to share this post with Troy as this is something he has been dying to do, and it may be a little hard for him to see all the amazing stuff you did.

Cherringtons said...

Sounds like you had a great time! I am glad you were able to go and spend sometime together. Love the pictures, Alaska is beautiful!!

Amber Omer said...

WOW!!! Why oh why would I ever do anything else as a vacation?? That looks SO fun!

One question...ok, 2. First is that 5 desserts on your table in that last picture? lol

#2- Where/how did you get your "to-do" list for the trip? It just all looks so fun!

Anonymous said...

Tell Quinn that he's looking pretty svelte in that Captains tux.
-Luke