Monday, March 2, 2009

Sand Storm

Quinn sent me this pic of the washing machine after a sand storm. The washer is actually inside a building, the sand just seeps in and gets all over everything.


Here is a conversation we had about the most recent (18 hours!) storm.

Quinn: Man this sand storm just keeps going, it is so annoying. I hate walking to chow and stuff, the sand just gets in my teeth, eyes, ears...everywhere!

Sandra: Don't you wear like a bandanna over your face or something?

Q: I left my scarf at home! Actually, i left both of them. I think they are still lying on the bed waiting to be packed. And, I left my goggles at home too, I swear I packed them. I have two of those too.

S: Isn't there a way you can get something? Can't you buy a scarf thing somewhere?

Q: Well, they sell bandannas at the BX but I don't want to buy one.

He didn't want to pay like 3 bucks for a bandanna, sound frugal huh? Yeah, this from a guy who doesn't think twice about $90 shoes or $60 dinners. He isn't known for his frugality but every little bit helps right?

His pic got me thinking of one I took for him last year (but he has probably never seen it) so here it is:
We miss you! Only 4 days till I see you again Capt :)

The divider thing got blown in the storm from there to there.

2 comments:

Pierce and Stacy said...

That's crazy!!! And only 4 days! WAHOO, you are one lucky girl. We can't wait to see him again.

nora.lakehurst said...

WOW!! And YAY for four more days!@!!